WHAT IS an alberta class 1 licence?
A Class 1 Alberta Drivers Licence is needed to drive:
- any motor vehicle, or combination of vehicles, other than a motorcycle
- Class 6 type vehicles, for learning only
How do you get an Alberta Class 1 road test appointment?
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Hold at minimum a Class 5 (non-GDL) drivers licence
- Pass the Class 1 knowledge exam
- Pass a vision screening and submit a satisfactory medical
- Provide proof of airbrake endorsement
Please note: For information on how to prepare for your road test and the rules associated with the test click here.